Just in case you ever need a few motivational pick-me ups, here is a list of yours truly go to favorites.
- 40 Inspirational Speeches in 2 minutes. If you need a pep talk.
- Happy Little Clouds. If you need some writing reminders.
- Evolve. For when you need to remind yourself that “you gotta evolve”
- Garden of You Mind. If you need inspiration.
- Keep on Cooking. For when you need reminding that you are writing for yourself first and foremost. “Freshness makes all the difference.”
And just for fun:
- Pop! Goes My Heart. Because it is Hilarious.
- Jolene. Because Dolly and Miley.
And that does it! Remember, we have all been there.
I am starting a new category just for the writers out there. My experience is a little different, but I will share books that are helping me in my story creation and any updates I have. So without further ado:
I have been working on creating IP (intellectual property) for work. I have been letting stories kick around in my brain for a while, but I have no desire to write the book. Which works perfectly, except….I still have to develop EVERYTHING about the story.
One story just flowed out. I have a lot of work to still do for it, but I most of the big plot points are down on the rough outline.
But one of my other ideas is floundering. Thankfully my fairy godmother (my mother) sent me some awesome books to help with the process. I am currently am reading Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success by K.M. Weiland.
It has been super helpfully in getting some of my ideas down and seeing them outside my head. I am naturally a “pantser” when it comes to writing, which is probably why I always fail at having more than a few pages, but this book is great in helping me become an “outliner”.
Due to the nature of my job, I can’t tell you anymore about my ideas, but I highly recommend this book for starting your writing journey.